The ReCAP facility was opened in 2000 and has expanded to become the largest Harvard Depository model facility in the world. The present operation includes seven storage modules, a processing center, and offices and occupies 163,847 square feet with build capacity for over 16 million library and archive items. The site has room for three additional storage modules, with a total potential capacity exceeding 40 million items. This section of the website provides further detail about the
- Size and Description of the facility
- Storage System used to house materials and expedite retrieval
- Preservation Environment that ensures the safety of collections
- Energy and Sustainability efforts underway at ReCAP
- Grounds and environmental stewardship
- Design Team for each phase of construction
- And a Gallery of images of the facility and operations.